JOIN OUR TEAM
Our most valuable asset is our human capital, for such reason, we are constantly looking for ideal candidates that can join our team of professionals. If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Financial Analyst – Multifamily Investments
Location: Miami, Florida
PIA Group USA is a private equity real estate investment firm specializing in the acquisition, renovation, and management of Institutional Multifamily properties across the Southeast. Originally formed in 2009 to capitalize on the opportunity of acquiring large numbers of Single Family Homes, PIA currently owns and manages a portfolio of properties valued at close to $100 MM.
By leveraging its property management, construction and acquisition know-how, PIA is now focusing on the acquisition of well-located, stabilized and value-add, market-rate multifamily opportunities in growth markets across the Southeast and Texas.
To support the acquisition and management of institutional-grade properties, PIA is seeking a senior level financial analyst for our Miami office. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide market research and investment analysis support in underwriting and closing multifamily investments. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Acquisitions team in managing every facet of the investment process, from the time a deal is sourced through to closing.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models in Excel and Argus in connection with the valuation and acquisition of multifamily assets and partnership interests.
- Prepare and analyze financials using graphics, charts, spreadsheets and other presentation formats.
- Ability to review and abstract all property financials including: leases, operating statements, P&L statements, and budgets.
- Perform thorough analysis of Rent Rolls and create advanced Excel models to dissect and analyze their potential as well as their sensitivity to construction value-add programs.
- Research real estate taxes and operating costs to determine assumptions for cash-flow modeling and operations.
- Compile, review and analyze quarterly market statistics.
- Obtain debt quotes and model financing scenarios.
- Assist in reviewing all due diligence materials during the acquisition process.
Market and Property Research:
- Perform thorough market analysis from various data sources to discern multifamily investment opportunities.
- Research and study Demographic, Employment and other data to help validate investment assumptions and opportunities.
Presentation and Document Writing:
- Assist in compiling and creating quarterly reports and company strategy presentations.
- Prepare investment memorandums, quarterly forecasts and corporate documents.
- Participate in the review and analysis of due diligence materials.
- Conduct buy/sell/hold/refinance analysis.
- Assist with some financial reporting to investors, partners and lenders.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, accounting, math or related.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing financial analysis of institutional multifamily properties.
- Proven record of extensive underwriting of multifamily properties.
- In depth understanding of the Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas multifamily markets is a plus.
- Advanced financial analysis and cash flow modeling including complex formula writing in MS-Excel and Argus AE.
- Proficient with advanced analytical/financial skills including: waterfalls, NPV, IRR, XIRR, DSCR, etc.
- Strong understanding of waterfalls, accounting and taxation matters for partnerships.
- Strong understanding of valuation techniques for real estate partnership interests.
- Understanding of Debt Markets as it relates to multifamily assets, specifically Agency financing.
- Strong presentation skills in MS-Word and PowerPoint.
- Clear and coherent written communication skills
- Understanding of multifamily asset management, construction and operations is a plus.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to think critically and provide solutions to complex issues.
- Unwavering ethical standard and integrity
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to work extra hours as needed
- Keen attention to detail, high energy; possessed with drive
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism
- Ability to focus, multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Work well both individually and in a collaborative team environment
We are a dynamic group of highly skilled real estate professionals looking to add talented and exceptional members to our team. We seek to hire talented and motivated people who want to be an integral part of the company’s success. We strive to promote an energetic and rewarding work environment.
This opening will afford the individual the opportunity to work alongside seasoned principals and become an integral part of the company’s growth.
The compensation plan for this individual will be commensurate with the skills required of the position and will be comprised of a competitive base salary and an annual incentive plan.
PIA GROUP USA is an equal opportunity employer.